F-104G "FG-433", ex 26+87 at Agrinion AB, Greece on main road 2007

F-104G, construction number 683D-7433, company model 683-10-19, built by MBB
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembled by MBB Manching starting May 18, 1972
assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 10; modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber
(for German Navy) with "AS.30" and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system
first flight July 19, 1972 at MBB-Manching
26+87 acceptance date by GPS-MBB September 12, 1972
Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"
MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on September 15, 1972
November 11, 1983 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment
according tech order TA-1469; back to MFG 2 on December 20, 1983
TechnGrp 11 on January 4, 1987; WTD 61 at Manching AB on October 15, 1987
withdrawn from use and stored at LwSchleuse 11 on December 4, 1987 with 2.164 flight hours
struck off charge order (AVA) September 1, 1988
MAP (Military Assistance Program) to Hellenic Air Force on October 10, 1988; coded "FG-433" to 116th Pterix (Wing) for 335th Mira (Squadron)
last flight and withdrawn from use April 13, 1993 at 132 Combat Group (later HAF Detachment Agrinion)
preserved near main road at Agrinion AB April 5, 1996 coded "FG-433"; October 2015 its tip tanks were removed,
which went to 116 Combat Wing at Araxos for RF-104G 6639; preserved October 2017 last noted.

copyright © Roger Petris

38°36'16.82"N 21°21'57.25"E