F-104G "FG-421", ex 26+75 preserved at the city Menidi, Greece 2014

F-104G, construction number 683D-7421, company model 683-10-19, built by MBB (Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm)
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 8 by MBB-Manching starting January 13, 1972
first flight March 29, 1972 at MBB, acceptance date May 31, 1972 by GPS-MBB; manufactured as attrition replacement aircraft
modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber (for German Navy) with with "AS.30" and "Kormoran" anti ship missile delivery system
Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"
26+75 MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on June 7, 1972
heavily damaged on October 18, 1972 being towed over a open water ditch, nose gear broke away and main landing gear was damaged
to MBB for repair on February 7, 1973, back to MFG 2 on August 18, 1973
February 16, 1984 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment
according tech order "TA-1469", back to MFG 2 on March 30, 1984
withdrawn from use and stored June 25, 1986 at LwSchleuse 11; struck off charge order (AVA) February 10, 1989
MAP (Military Assistance Program) transported with C-130 to Greece on May 10, 1989 with 1.995 flight hours
used by Hellenic Air Force for spare parts, but was operational in 1992 with 116 Wing at Araxos AB
last flight from 116 Combat Wing to 132 Combat Group (Agrinion HAF Detachment) on April 6, 1993; withdrawn from use on July 20, 1993
November 18, 2004 it was transported to KEA Hellinikon for maintenance and on June 14, 2005 it was mounted as display coded "FG-421" at the city of Menidi,
east of former Preveza AB, 17 km SE of Arta, Greece; September 2020 last noted.

Menidi, part of the municipality Amfilochia, located at the Ambracian Gulf.

copyright © Peitzmeier archive

39°2'51.45"N 21°6'43.52"E