F-104G 22+58 displayed inside "Motorworld" at Böblingen, near Stuttgart 2013

F-104G, construction number 683D-7139, model 683-10-19, built by Messerschmitt
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd); assembly start at Messerschmitt-Manching December 4, 1963
assembly in Fighter Bomber version according contract lot 5; test flight March 9, 1964 coded KE+439
project "Diana" in Fighter Bomber version (for JaboG 34) with installed Vulcan M61 20 mm machine gun
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order TA-196; acceptance date April 27, 1964 by BABwMTT
DD+240 JaboG 34 delivery date on April 29, 1964
heavy damaged on March 9, 1965 during take-off abort due to nose wheel shimmy, repaired by Messerschmitt; back to JaboG 34 on February 24, 1966
22+58 EL-70/EL-73 Electronic Counter Measure (ECM) system was installed in the weapon system in the late 70s
operated with flightdate and crash recorder LEADS 200 according TA-1411
to LwSchleuse 11 on October 30, 1983 and stored with 3.481 flight hours; struck off charge order March 18, 1986
BDRT airframe (GIA) at Erding AB October 22, 1986 after road transport; fire brigade trainer at Erding AB in 1996
private owned by Mr. Robert Dietz in 2003; preserved Technik Museum Mittelbiberach 2003
stored in Mr. R.Dietz factory at Berg, near Ravensburg 2004
June 23, 2005 transported to Memmingen (EDSM) at former US Detachment area, December 15, 2008 last noted
August 27, 2009 transported to "Meilenwerk Stuttgart" at Böblingen, near Stuttgart and displayed inside
opening of the museum September 12, 2009; May 2013 noted
the "Meilenwerk" in Böblingen was renamed in January 2014 to "Motorworld"; June 2014 last noted

copyright © Robert Dietz