F-104G 26+80 MFG 2 (Naval Air Wing 2)

F-104G, construction number 683D-7426, model 683-10-19, built by MBB
manufactured by South Group (ARGE-Süd) & VFW; assembled by MBB-Manching starting February 29, 1972
assembly in Fighterbomber version according contract lot 9; first flight May 18, 1972 at MBB
acceptance date by GPS-MBB June 23, 1972; modification level "Neptun" as Fighterbomber (for German Navy)
with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system; Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3"
26+80 MFG 1 at Schleswig-Jagel AB delivery date on June 26, 1972; MFG 2 on August 6, 1981
September 6, 1983 to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment
according tech order "TA-1469", back to MFG 2 in 1983
withdrawn from use and stored at LwSchleuse 11 on May 22, 1987; struck off charge order (AVA) February 10, 1989
airlifted to Greece (with HAF C-130) for Hellenic Air Force May 24, 1989 with 2.632 flight hours
planned for spare part use only, but operated by the 116 Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB coded "FG-7426"
last flight from 116 CW to 132 CG (Agrinion HAF Detachment) on April 8, 1993; withdrawn from use on July 20, 1993
stored at Agrinion AB with tail of construction number 7428 in 2000 noted
March 27, 2006 HAF HQ approved of an F-104G to be displayed at Plataies Municipality
it was transported to KEA Hellinikon for maintenance in September 2006
preserved on poles coded "FG-426" in Lefktra, near Plataies, Boeotia prefecture, Central Greece on June 18, 2008
February 2016 last noted.

copyright © Axel Ostermann