RF-104G 21+30 MFG 2 at Twenthe AB (EHTW), Netherlands 1984

RF-104G, construction number 683D-6691, model 683-04-10, built by FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
manufactured by Italian Group (ARGE-Italien)
RF-104G first flight July 19, 1965 coded KC+164 by FIAT at Turin-Caselle
project "Earl" (for MFG 2) as RF-104G with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system installed
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date November 25, 1965 by BABwFIAT
VB+225 MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on November 25, 1965
21+30 Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3" in 1969
modified to MARINE-Recce version according tech order "TA-1401" with Side Oblique Camera (SOC) KS-87B on November 13, 1978,
back to MFG 2 on December 22, 1978
Luftwaffenschleuse 11 on January 25, 1984 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment according tech order "TA-1469",
back to MFG 2 on February 15, 1984; withdrawn from use at LwSchleuse 11 on January 30, 1985 with 2.887 flight hours
struck off charge order (AVA) March 19, 1985
to Hellenic Air Force April 11, 1985 and stored
1989 operational with 335 Mira (Squadron) of 116.Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB coded as "FG-691"; withdrawn from use 1992
preserved as "RF-691" at Tanagra AB as Gate Guard at station HQ in Silver-finish colors in 1995; November 2014 last noted.

copyright  Eric Tammer