RF-104G 21+23 MFG 2 Eggebek AB 1984

RF-104G, construction number 683D-6678, model 683-04-10, built by FIAT (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino)
manufactured by Italian Group (ARGE-Italien); RF-104G first flight May 22, 1965 coded KC+157 at FIAT, Turin-Caselle
project "Earl" (for MFG 2) as RF-104G with AS.30 and "Kormoran" anti-ship missile delivery system installed
camouflage scheme "Norm 62" according tech order "TA-196"; acceptance date July 27, 1965 by BABwFIAT
VB+218 MFG 2 at Eggebek AB delivery date on July 27, 1965
21+23 Navy camouflage scheme "Norm 76" according tech order "TA-196-3" in 1971
MBB on March 27, 1979 modified to MARINE-Recce version according tech order "TA-1401" with Side Oblique Camera (SOC) KS-87B
back to MFG 2 on May 31,1979
to Luftwaffenschleuse 11 on November 2, 1983 for AN/ALE-40(N) Chaff/Flare countermeasure dispenser equipment modification
according tech order "TA-1469"; back to MFG 2 on December 16, 1983
withdrawn from use and stored at LwSchleuse 11 on July 29, 1986; struck off charge order (AVA) December 6, 1986
with 3.061 flight hours to Hellenic Air Force coded "FG-6678" on December 16, 1986 to 335 Mira (Squadron) of 116 Pterix (Wing) at Araxos AB
withdrawn from use; used as instructional airframe by the Air Force Academy for several years
fuselage at Dekelia AB November 8, 2000 coded "FG-678" noted; dismantled September 17, 2005 noted
taken by the HAF Museum and refurbished using the rear fuselage of F-104G construction number 6699
mounted on a pylon near the village of Moni Taxiarchon, near the town of Athikia, Corinthia,
some 12 km S from Corinth town (Corinth Canal) in Silver livery; installed in this position on June 23, 2009; August 2014 last noted.

Athikia, Corinthia was the birth place of a couple of Hellenic Air Force pilots that lost their lives in the past
and the 6678 was put up there as a monument to honor them

copyright  Axel Ostermann